Tue, Nov 01|
Lexington Community Center, Room 139
ARC of MA: Special Needs Legal and Estate Planning
Educational Series for Aging Caregivers of Individuals with Developmental & Intellectual Disabilities during the months of October and November. These sessions will focus on topics of interest to families and caregivers including overviews of legal and financial planning, medical issues and support
Time & Location
Nov 01, 2022, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Lexington Community Center, Room 139, 39 Marrett Rd, Lexington, MA 02421, USA
About the event
All sessions will be held at the Lexington Community Center, 39 Marrett Road in Room 139 from 10:00 – 11:30 AM on the following dates:
- Tuesday, October 18: Special Needs Legal & Estate Planning with Karen Mariscal, Esq.
- Tuesday, October 25: Financial Planning for Special Needs with Cynthia Haddad, Founder & Partner, Affinia Financial Group
- Tuesday, November 1: Medical and Developmental Issues Related to Aging with Disabilities with James Bath, MD, Director of Primary Care, Lurie Center for Autism & Kathy Service, N.P., Department of Developmental Services
- Tuesday, November 15: Dept. of Developmental Services Presentation on Meeting the Needs of Older Caregivers presented by a panel of DDS Leadership staff
- Tuesday, November 22: Local Transportation and Options for Community Access with Susan Barrett, Transportation Manager, Town of Lexington
- Tuesday, November 29: Overview of Supports Offered for Aging Individuals with Disabilities and their Caregivers by Minuteman Senior Services and Boston Center for Independent Living with Lesli May-Chibani, Asst. Director, Minuteman Senior Services & Maura Donahue, Community Living Advocacy Program Coordinator, Boston Center for Independent Living
Sessions are open to the public. Please register in advance of the session date.